Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pantry Challenge: Day 2

I admit these are going to be the easiest couple of days, but I thought I'd share what we've done to "use up" some of the food in the fridge/pantry. We also used up the daikon radish by incorporating it into the kimchi (noms).

Introducing, kimchi soup:


Updated pantry list, as of 4/2/2014:

In the freezer:
1 lb blueberries
1 mango
4 bananas (sliced) for smoothies
1 lb potatoes, sliced
1/2 loaf whole wheat bread
3 cubes pesto
2 servings crab dumplings
8 pork dim sum dumplings
2 frozen whole chickens ("happy" chickens that were raised sustainably, I know "hippie yuppie bark")
10 chicken sausages
3 lbs bacon (sliced) 2.5 lbs bacon (sliced)
5 lbs peas (I LOVE peas)
5 lbs corn (that was a recent impulse buy)
2 lbs mozzarella, shredded in baggies
2 frozen hamburger buns (we couldn't eat them all)
1 lb frozen butter
4, 8oz packages cream cheese, for cooking

In the pantry:
1 can refried beans
2 cans garbanzo beans
3 boxes whole wheat pasta
4 lbs flour
1 lb sugar 
2 lbs chocolate chips
8 lbs of potatoes
4 onions
2 cups dried cherries
10 lbs rice 9.6 lbs rice
3 jars pasta sauce
10 lbs oats (I make my own granola)
1 lb honey
2 lbs corn meal
1/2 lb quinoa
1/2 lb pink lentils
1 bunch grapes eliminated!
4 anjou pears 1 anjou pear

In the refrigerator:
12 eggs
2 lbs pecans
1 lb carrots
1 lb bok choy eliminated!
3.5 mason jars of homemade kimchi 3.5 mason jars of homemade kimchi
1 daikon radish eliminated!
milk
1 jar pickles
1 package tofu eliminated!

I hope you're enjoying April, the sunshine was marvelous today!

No comments: